Saturday, December 18, 2010

THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST CONTINUED

BUT BEAUTY CAN BE FOUND - I have only seen flowers
in two places - the church and our apartment (owned by
a member of the church)  Flowers grow beautifully here but
nobody plants them.


Christmas has come to the beautiful mission home living room
with the little tree that I had much joy decorating.

How is this for beauty?  Doesn't get much better than this.


They work magic with hair!

Love those sister missionaries.

So the conclusion that I have come to is that there are two different Africas here.  The best thing that we can do for these wonderful people is to give them the gospel.  It truly changes lives in such a dramatic way.  The church members seem to take pride (the righteous kind) in their homes, children, and how they look.  They don't have cars or cameras but they always look super nice.


5 comments:

Lorena said...

Wow! the women are beautiful!! and the little girls are so adorable!!!

Diane N. said...

Kathy, your blog is fantastic! I feel like I'm right there! Your emails have been so amazing to read. You both sound happy, engaged, and enchanted by the people! What could be better??? Love ya, Diane

TheDaSilvaGang said...

I love the picures, it really reminds me of Jamaica, and i bet those dresses are really comfy.

Mums said...

I love the hairstyles...Wow!

Brad Wilson said...

Mom and Dad- it was so great to talk to you today the first day of the new year in replacement for our Christmas day conversation that couldn't happen. Our kids love and miss you and of course Steph and I are so proud of you for your service. The pictures are fantastic, please keep them coming.

Brad