It is difficult to find beauty here because things are dirty and rundown, however, this is a picture of women planting along the main road. DR Congo received a grant from the world bank and they are using it to beautify their main road. I think it will be gorgeous. They are planting palm trees and their type of grass. The reason these are women is because five years ago they passed a law that emancipated women (those are the words) and now you see them doing jobs they would never have been able to do before. There are about a hundred of these women (men too) in these blue jumpsuits planting and digging in this hot climate. (by-the-way,the rain stopped this week.) We also see a few women police directing traffic. I wish I had a better picture because this is not flattering to these Congolese women but at least it shows the backbreaking job they do.
TO BE CONTINUED WHEN I RETURN IN A FEW HOURS. |
1 comment:
Wow...what an awesome experience! So interesting to see the lifestyle of so many in 3rd world countries. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
Linnie
Post a Comment